Friday, April 2, 2010

Week One:

Those of you who know us, know that Allison and I are ridiculously busy. We had been going to the gym regularly until a year ago when we moved. Since then we have worked some insane hours, Allison has been in grad school full time, and I have been traveling a lot. Needless to say, we are out of shape..big time. So training has been pretty intense.

Our schedule is pretty straight forward, and looks easy on paper:

M: Rest
T: 1 mile at goal 5 mile pace
W: 30 min cross training
Th: 1.5 mile run
F: Sprints and Stairs
Sa: 40 min cross training
Su: 2 mile run

Our goal is to finish the 5 miler in under an hour. We used mapmyrun.com to find an easy 1 mile loop around our neighborhood and took off on our first run. After a year of being less than super active we did pretty well. Allison ran a 13 minute mile and I ran 16. Our subsequent runs were much better. We are improving every day, even running in torrential down pour. At the end of the week my best mile was 14:14! I am not sure if I have ever run faster than a 15 minute mile so I am pretty excited.

We have been at a loss for how to cross train, so any suggestions would be great! My cross training activity this week was bailing out the basement…I am pretty sure that is not what they had in mind.

We are in NY for the weekend so we are going to hit Allison’s old high school for sprints and stairs this afternoon. I am pretty excited, running bleachers reminds me of my volleyball days! Then tomorrow we should be running with our team, but we will run here instead.

On top of training we are doing a complete food overhaul. We are eating a ton of fruits and veggies, beans and rice, and drinking vats of water. We have cut out most of the olive oil and salt out of our food and I trying not to eat processed food. We are eating and drinking water constantly and have a TON of energy!

As far as fund raising is going we are kicking butt!! We are at 33%!!

Thank you:
Uncle Bob
Grandma Johnson
Karen
Denise & Larry
Gail
Bruce
Gary

Y’all keep us running! It is such an honor for us to be able to support such an amazing organization. We are running for a number of family members who have been affected by blood diseases. We are also running for our honored teammate Lori, who is the same age as Allison and I. Leukemia and Lymphoma can affect anyone! If you want to show your support please donate here:


(you can donate to either one of us or the team the money all goes to team Allison & Beth and to the LLS)

No comments:

Post a Comment