Recap of week one: We kicked butt. Allison and I enjoyed the gorgeous weekend on Long Island. We ran sprints and stairs at Al’s old high school on Friday, cross trained at the gym on Saturday, and ran 2 miles on Sunday. It was great to mix things up a little bit, but being back at home really works for me. Currently our route is boring but super functional. We mapped out a 1 mile loop around the park by our house and just keep running it. I personally love the consistency. I listen to the same songs on my ipod every run and try to beat where I was on the loop yesterday. It is working great so far. (I think Al is bored to death though).
I have to admit that being a new runner is so satisfying. I am slow, and sore, and exhausted, but every time I run I beat my old record. It is an awesome feeling. We ran 2.5 miles with our team this morning and it was awesome!! We also got fitted for new shoes which was a really cool experience. Apparently I have a natural gait, but run like a penguin!! Who knew?
Thank you:
Aunt Tracy
Grandpa
Meghan
And everyone else who donated over Easter
Thank you:
Aunt Tracy
Grandpa
Meghan
And everyone else who donated over Easter
Thank Y’all for your support so far! Click here to donate: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/RunToRem10/TeamBethAllison

No comments:
Post a Comment